The Keane on Kids After School Program is BACK!!!
This school year we will continue to provide great programming. We will have most of our popular programs and a few new ones!
Registration will open on January 3rd. You can register at: https://wethersfieldct.gov/recreation. Online registration is preferred to better ensure your student gets into the class of their choice. Registering early is also helpful to make sure that we avoid last-minute registrations and can get accurate class lists to the schools as early as possible. This helps to ensure a smooth end-of-the-school-day transition for your students!
Some important reminders:
- It is very important that you sign your child up for after-school programs as early as possible. Schools receive a detailed attendance roster at least one day before a program begins. Inclusion on this list is an important part of making sure your child is safe and going where you expect them to at the end of the day – especially for the youngest students.
- If you register on the day the program begins, you have to visit the Parks & Rec Department’s main office at Town Hall to register. There is a chance that if you register at the office your registration may not get entered the same day and therefore will not be on the roster. If you register on the day the program is starting we are now asking you to notify the school that you just registered your child so school personnel are aware that he/she will be staying.
- We would like to encourage you to have a conversation with your child in the morning of every day they will be staying after school. Talk about where they will be going and who will be picking them up. When your child has a clear picture of what they will be doing after school, the time between the regular school day and the after-school day runs so much smoother!!
- Parents MUST sign out their child. Please do not leave without signing out. Once the students have packed up their belongings, the Site Coordinator will walk them all down to the designated location to be signed out.
- If a student is a walker, they will sign out with the Site Coordinator themselves and then head home from the front doors.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Caroline Fazzina, Director, Keane on Kids After School Enrichment Program at firstname.lastname@example.org