Vision and Mission Statements of
the Richard M. Keane Foundation
Vision and Purpose Statement:
The Richard M. Keane Foundation was established by friends and family of Dick Keane to honor his memory and to perpetuate his commitment to enriching the lives of the youth in the town of Wethersfield, CT. The purpose of the Foundation is to provide a safe and fun environment in which the community of Wethersfield can come together to participate in athletic, academic, and social programs with the support and guidance of caring adults.
The Mission and Goals of the Keane Foundation are:
- To secure the necessary funding to establish a facility to help Wethersfield's young people achieve their full potential.
- To partner with corporate citizens who share our goals and will sponsor our programs.
- To involve the Wethersfield community in fund raising activities.
- To explore national, state and local government funding opportunities.
- To provide a facility for the community of Wethersfield that will offer:
- Sports, fitness, and recreation activities, instruction and supervision.
- Tutoring and homework help programs to improve academic performance.
- Tools and training in the use of computers for all ages.
- Information concerning career options, education and training goals, job seeking techniques and life skills.
- Exposure to crafts and the arts.
- Non-violence & anger management education.
- Parenting/family support programs and counseling services.